Friday, October 22, 2010

Workshop 6 Storyboarding interior architectural spaces

Workshop 6 teaches a method for architectural communication which is called storyboard. Storyboard is the graphic means of telling a story thus is a continued visual narrative.

In this workshop, I learned the normal structure of a story, begining ,middle and ending. Each row of storyboard should have 3 images to demonstrate a complete short event of the whole interior structure.

On the other hand, the drawing skill is also emphasized. Representation of focal points and important area need to be shown by the contrast between bright and dark area, the manipulation of lines and dots.



Week 1 Submission

In this task, I presented high school with my own memory and no photos as reference. I tried to show the path go to the art workshop. However, since this is the first trying of storyboard, I ignored the continuity of some parts.










Week 2 Submission

In this submission, I selected Science Theater as sample for my storyboard. I walked through the Science Theater and took photos to record important area. Since this is not a big building, I used 14 images to demonstrate it and there were continuity between each image.






Week 3 Final Submission

This task requires the storyboard of a bathing room designed from other courses. Since I am an Engineering student and did not enroll that course, I did some research on traditional and contemporary Japanese arhchitecture and design a simple Japanese style bathing room. When I designed the building, I also considered about the criteria of bathing area, such as the privacy, external and internal bathing areas, 'hot' and 'cold' areas. I used 13 images as storyboard to show the path inside the bathing room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment